Providing a Certificate of your Insurance to another party may be the last chance you will have to apply Risk Management techniques to a given exposure or potential loss situation. To provide Risk Management Services, our staff and your legal advisors need complete information, documentation and adequate lead-time. Your cooperation in following the procedures outlined below will enable our staff and your legal advisors to provide you with effective, and prompt Risk Management Services in response to your Certificate of Insurance Request.
1. Written requests from the party requesting a certificate of your insurance will speed Risk Management evaluation, response, and minimize errors by providing details of the requirements and communications information.
2. Requests and supporting documentation must be received in our office 30 days before the certificate is needed. This permits the time needed for gathering added information, review by your legal counsel or the insurance company, and accomplishing adjustments as necessary.
3. Review all contracts with your legal counsel before execution. We do not offer legal advice or draft contractual agreements. We will be pleased to assist your legal counsel in reviewing the risk management considerations of contracts.
4. Functions, Special Events and any Additional Insureds deserve special attention in order to review and attempt to minimize your exposures. Certificate requests for these types of activities should include a complete Event Planning Form including all the appropriate attachments. (Email forms and documentation to RMF@sigmachi.org.) We cannot complete our review or provide certificates until all information is received.
5. For lenders the Customer or Loan Number and Required Property Insurance Values may be necessary.
6. Certificates of Insurance will provide the policy numbers, underwriters, policy period, coverages and limits.